Wednesday 17 November 2010

Winter comp weeks 1&2

Well, the words winter and golf, together don't normally leave my mouth with much enthusiasm but as we come to the end of the season and since I have experienced nearly a full years membership at my club, things have changed. I found it (if the weather is kind) quite a fun challenge, taking into consideration
  • Cold dense air, the ball doesn't travel as far
  • Wet soggy fairways, the ball doesn't roll
  • Winter greens having been spiked, makes putting even more tricky
  • Strong gusty winds
  • More clothing, restricting your swing
 With all the above, the course owners have devised a format which really suits everyone not least the actual course itself. The comp is played over 10 weeks with your best 6 stableford scores over the first 11 holes. Each week there is also an individual prize for the best score and also a 2's sweep. I feel as though I am strking the ball fairly well although I have had to switch from using my usual srixon balls to titleists as they are that bit harder and I get that extra distance. One major issue, which I am practicing to get rid of, is allowing my legs to become a little loose, therefore I seem to be chunking alot of shots as I hit down into the wet ground before the ball. This is mostly evident on my short pitches and chips. FUS, FUS, FUS as Don would say (thats forward UPswing) its all about basic PPGS fundementals. I will be spending my practice time on study this winter, studying my swing using video and studying the PPGS which I do every day.

Below are the results of weeks 1 & 2. . . . .  things can only get better with PPGS.

Week 1 results     Week 2 results





























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget