Tuesday 20 December 2011

It's been a busy year

2011 has been, lets say, interesting, educational and also frustrating with regards to my golfing journey. My love for the game is as strong as ever and with winter approaching its time to really knuckle down and create some positive practise routines.
My Handicap ( not through lack of trying ) has stayed at a steady 12, which on reflection is a pretty good representation of my game throughout the year. Granted, I was hoping to reduce it but with the lack of proper practise and the correct mental approach I never really progressed.
At the beginning of the year I was following the lessons of Don Trahan through daily videos and thought that this new approach to the golf swing was going to lead me to some untapped hidden talent which has been eluding me. Unfortunately I came to a point when I felt that this more vertical golf swing was giving me far too many swing thoughts and had me really deviating from my traditional swing and leaving me very frustrated with my progress. This is no fault of Dons teaching, which I still think is great, but maybe aimed at the older golfer who has limited flexibility, I just felt that I got more success and consistency using the more traditional swing.
With a new/old approach to my golf swing mechanics and also the joining of a new club Stoke Albany it's time to look forward to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget