Thursday 12 January 2012

Swing like Stricker












Going to the range.......I either leave with a feeling of, well that wasn't much help or, I cant wait to get out on the course. I think the problem is I'm a bit of a purist and like to feel the grass under my feet instead of the rock hard overused range mats, that coupled with the fact that I never had a range routine and struggled to overcome the urge to aimlessly drill balls into the abyss. All that's now in the past and after creating an interesting routine my time on the mats is going to be much more productive.
   For all golfers like myself, I'm sure the 2012 golf season couldn't come quick enough and what a cracking way to start with 4 days of beautiful Kapalua scenery in the background with some of the best players from the PGA Tour. Stricker set the pace for the event and kept it going right through to trophy time ( the guy is a legend ). It was great to see Simpson, Laird, Byrd and the boys putting on a show with their vast array of shots, which just proves that to play good golf you have to have a good imagination.
    The reason for this post was to explain how the first event of the season gave me another simple yet very effective lesson. After watching the majestic/seemingly effortless swing of Steve Stricker I went out to the range for my regular Wednesday session ( accompanied by Damian and Caroline..... see Damian I said I would mention you ha ha ). My first thought was swing within yourself, don't ask me why but WOW. I seemed to be getting much crisper contact with a nice trajectory with all my irons, although the swing only felt 3/4's I was getting the same distance if not a touch more. This new easier feeling swing accompanied with the routine has left me with such a positive outlook to the range and a lot of promise for the Winter league at the weekend ( scorecard to follow )....... Big thanks to Steve Stricker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget